Sunday, October 18, 2015

Weekend Fun!

This weekend has been super busy, and unfortunately I didn't get pictures of everything... Here are some of the highlights (all out of order!)!

Saturday morning when I showed up at the hogar, I was so very surprised to see Eduardo visiting with his parents! He was adopted back in March and this was the first time we'd seen him since then (now Joel Matias). We knew he'd make a lot of progress seeing how much he'd changed in just the week of their visits but the difference in him now is unbelievable. It's incredible. This is why adoption is important. Love makes all the difference and there's no love like that of a family's love. 

 Always my wawa!

 "Tía Hannah, take a picture of my baby!"

 Mamá S. and her hija, R.

 I can't seem to get a picture without his face covered in snot but his lip is healing so well!

 Saturday night with the girls... Had to do a little exercising before bed!

Before it was time for the girls to go to bed, Shyrlen brought me these two night gowns and said they were hers but the tías were going to cut them up for rags because they don't fit her. She then handed me the larger one and said I could sleep in it because I might be cold with just my yoga pants and tank top. She generously lent the other one to A.M.! We put them on for pictures but I insisted I'd be fine how I was.

 Having too much fun with these 4 before bed!

 J. looks so grown-up in this picture! She kept insisting this morning that she didn't want to go to her church and instead wanted to come to Belen with me... When I told her "no," she said "But Tía Savannah came and told me you have to take me to Belen because it's my church too!"

 R. has been asking to go to church with me for the past couple weeks so I brought her along today... This definitely wasn't my choice of an outfit but after the fight she put up with the tías while getting dressed this morning, I had no desire to change her!

 I brought this outfit back with me from the States and have been waiting for a newborn girl to use it... Baby S. looked too cute! That is, until she had a blow-out diaper and had to be changed!

 Any time I pull my camera out to take a picture, D. comes over, puts his arm around my shoulder and smiles, hoping we can take a selfie!

Learning to play peek-a-boo!

 Playing peek-a-boo or just exhausted by life?

 S. has been begging for me to share her bed with her one night... Last night was the much anticipated night. It was the first and last time I'll ever do it. I got kicked all night long, at 1:30am I woke up as she was laying on top of me, and at 6am (when I took this picture), she was laying sideways in bed with her head on the back of my legs.... I don't know about her, but I didn't get much sleep!

El travieso teaching himself to climb up onto the cabinet that is meant to prevent him from climbing out of bed!

 One of the teachers at Carachipampa gave Sarah a bag of baby clothes and one of the items was a tiny romper that fits Baby S.! Unfortunately she'll never be able to wear it around the tías but it sure is cute!

Now that the babies live much further away from church, we've tried to take them in trufis more than taxis because it costs a lot less. It's a lot more work for us, but they're doing well. This morning we had quite the crowd!

No comments: