Monday, October 26, 2015

An Unexpected Day at the Hogar!

Today I unexpectedly had the day off work, so mid-morning I headed over to the hogar. It really ended up being a great day to be off as I needed to make Ana Maria's birthday cake for tomorrow. Seriously, no one gets as excited as she does about her birthday! She's reminded me multiple times every time I see her that her birthday is this Tuesday. I'm not kidding when I tell you that starting tomorrow (her 9th birthday), she'll start the countdown to her 10th birthday. It's ridiculous, really. The good news is that she's very easy to please so we could do nothing to celebrate, and it'd still be a great day for her! 

I spent the morning baking her cake, the afternoon with the big kids/helping with homework, and then tonight I took Ana Maria to her speech therapy class. It's two hours long which would be a long time to wait on her but it just so happens to be right down the street from my house so I was able to go home for a bit. After taking her back to the hogar when it was over, Sarah and I tried out a new (to us) Chinese restaurant... It was delicious! It's been a busy day, but those are my favorite kind!







No comments: