Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day!

Valentine's Day (or "The Day of Love" as it's called here) in Bolivia is actually celebrated in September… But that didn't stop us from celebrating today!

Yesterday, some of the big kids at the baby home snuck into my room to paint heart-shaped salt dough ornaments. We fixed up some goodie bags of chocolate candy and last night I made brownies to complete our Valentine's Day gifts for the tías. Rather than try to have the kids make cards for each other, I decided it'd be better for us to remind the tías how much we love them!

Casa de Amor (Hogar de Amor in Bolivia) literally translates to "House of Love." It's such a fitting name! I think anyone who walks through the door will tell you that these kids are loved and are loved A LOT by the tías. It's not an easy job caring for kids from some really hard places, and sometimes I think the tías don't get the recognition they deserve… I think we did it today though! They were very surprised and happy with their Valentine's Day loot!








No comments: