Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Happy birthday to me!

This post has nothing to do with the kids and has no pictures of them, so feel free to skip it if you wanted to hear about them! :)

Sunday was my actual birthday, but it was a busy day for all of us, so we didn't celebrate much at all. I opened up the presents my mom sent me (love them, madre!) and then we went out for ice cream that evening. Today, one of the tías mentioned that it was my birthday the other day and I hadn't said anything, and Tía Silvia overheard. She had the most shocked expression on her face and started yelling at me about why I hadn't mentioned it to her when I spent all day yesterday with her in the kitchen. Then she hit me with a towel... Typical. While I nearly got away from her, she still managed to crack an egg in my hair (I somehow did avoid the flour though!). She was mad she hadn't made a cake but it was fine. We've had a lot of cake recently and tomorrow is Alexander's 2nd birthday which means more cake! She did make me milanesas and mashed potatoes for lunch so there's certainly no complaining!

After work today, Danyelle and Sarah took me out for pizza and then we went to Globos for ice cream (it was 2 for 1 day so obviously we had to go again!) for the official birthday celebration. It was delicious! When we went back to Danyelle's house after, she and Sarah had made me chocolate chip cupcakes! We were too full to eat any but they did sing and I blew out the candles... You know you're too old when there aren't enough candles! 

The thought of now being closer to thirty than twenty is a bit terrifying, but being 25 does put me at the official age for being able to adopt a child in Bolivia. While I have no immediate plans, I'd say quite a few people knew that was what the big countdown to 25 was for anyway! I'm hopeful that by this time next year I might have a whole houseful of kids though (I do want to open my own hogar after all...), but we'll see what happens! I think 25 could be an exciting year!

Thank you to everyone who wished me a happy birthday and made the day(s) special! :)





No comments: