Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Feliz Cumpleaños, A.!

A. turns 2 years old today! He didn't have a clue what was going on and only wanted to stick his fingers in the cake, but I do think he enjoyed eating it. Now that the babies live with the big girls, birthdays for the babies are more exciting as the girls are always looking for an excuse to celebrate! They all wanted to help me make his cake (while I planned to make it at my house last night, I ended up making it this afternoon at the hogar) and were waiting all afternoon for us to say that it was time to party! 

As you can see in the pictures, A. had absolutely no desire to smile for pictures and was more interested in reaching for the frosting than anything else! We invited the boys over to eat with us (it wouldn't be fair if only the girls get cake because they live with the babies!) so it was quite a crowd. I think A. was a bit overwhelmed too. We're proud of how far he's come since he first arrived nearly a year ago, but excitement like this is too much stimulation for him. He does better watching the celebrations than being the one celebrated... I bet he'll enjoy future birthdays more!










No comments: