Thursday, March 5, 2015

CASTIGADO

For some reason this afternoon, not a single one of our 14 kids took a nap. They were ALL awake and LOUD. Three year old S. refused to stay in his room and at some point, we thought we lost him. I'm not kidding. We looked all over the house and couldn't find him. One of the tías finally found him hiding in one of the other bedrooms. 

The tías asked me if I would take him down to my room and I did so only after they agreed that he would sit in a chair in the corner until naptime was over (I was cleaning my room in preparation for our big SEDEGES inspection tomorrow). I think at that point they were so happy that I'd agreed to watch him that it didn't really matter what I did with him! Although he spends his days wandering around the house (both with and without permission), I think he realized that he wasn't going to be allowed to do it with me (probably because I had him blocked in with all of my stuff everywhere) and sat still in the chair. At about 3:45pm he asked if he could go to his bed and I told him that it was too late. About two minutes later I looked over at him and he was sound asleep in the chair!




1 comment:

Rudi and Carla Booher said...

I know he's naughty, but I still think he is the cutest little three year old ever! Thanks, Hannah, for all you do for those kiddos!