Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Photo Update

Now that I'm back at Casa de Amor, it really feels like I never left. I'm still getting to know all of our new kids, but that will come in time. These past four days have flown by, and I know this year will, too!

It's late and I should probably go to bed soon so I'm just posting some random pictures of the past few days. My roommate, Lindsey, left tonight, and both of the babies are sleeping upstairs (Baby C. will still sleep in my room sometimes but not every night like before) so tonight is the first night since about August that I'm totally alone in my room. It's kind of different!


Saturday night, I had two little roommates! I (obviously) wanted Baby C. to sleep in my room, but that meant that F. was alone in their room. She's a great sleeper during the night, too, so I brought her down. They came down at about 10:30pm and were still sleeping at 7:30am when I woke up! 

This might just be one of my all-time favorite pictures! 4 kids all looking ADORABLE and SMILING… That RARELY happens! Going to church is one of our big outings of the week, and we have kind of a "go big or go home" attitude about it. With a house full of kids who all like to go out, why just bring one kid when there are 13? Also, I'd like to point out that all 4 were really well-behaved the whole time we were out! The older three very happily went to the nursery during the service, and Baby C. sat quietly with me in church. 

Another favorite picture!

Baby F. was SO happy this morning! She kept smiling but I never could get a big smile on camera.

Los pequeños in their natural states ;) 
Baby C. (top left)- Tranquila and happy
Baby A. (bottom)- Crying and not so happy
Baby F. (right)- Sleeping 

L. is the younger brother (10 months old) of our new sibling set at the baby home. He has had a really rough time since arriving (missing his mom) but we know it'll pass and happier days are ahead! 

 Las princesas! They were pretending that the ring was a crown!

V. wanted to be a princess, too! The ring was around her ponytail, and she couldn't figure out why it wouldn't fall off when she leaned her head back. 

 K. is pretty reserved and likes to play alone most of the time. Today, I looked out my bedroom window and found him wandering around the yard. When I went outside to take a picture, he was talking to himself and playing alone, but I never could understand what he was saying.

Lindsey and Baby A. before heading to the airport! 

Baby C. and I before heading to the airport with Lindsey! 

Lindsey, Baby A., Lauren, me, Baby C., and Emily. Lindsey, Lauren, and Emily all headed back to the States tonight. Lindsey has been here for 6 months, and she's going back for a brief visit before coming back in March. Lauren has been here for 6 months also, helping out at the Boohers' house with their Casa de Amor babies. Emily Booher (of the Booher family/Casa 4) is going back to Oregon for a few weeks to visit family and friends.

No comments: