Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Feliz Año Nuevo!

I hope everyone has had a happy and safe new year! I don't know about you, but I'm looking forward to the changes 2014 are sure to bring! As of today, I can say that I'll be back in Bolivia THIS MONTH!

As far as my paperwork goes, there are still no updates. However, I was able to Skype with Lindsey (my roommate at the baby home), Baby C., and the girls tonight! (Thank you so much to Kaley for letting us use her computer!) The girls were excited to be having a pijamada (sleepover) tonight and seemed a bit crazy! It was the first time I have talked to them since I left, so I was really excited to hear from them. Lindsey gave me lots of updates on the baby home, and I can't wait to get back! Several new kids have arrived so it will be fun to meet them. Baby C. looked HUGE (she'll be 4 months old on Saturday) and was so happy! Although I was concerned about her transition to the care of the tías, everyone has told me she has done great. It is such a relief to know she had a smooth transition. Lindsey held her up in front of the camera while we talked, and I could tell that she recognized my voice! It took her just a second to start smiling so big whenever I talked to her… I was sure that after nearly a month, she wouldn't remember me, but it seemed like she does! I CANNOT wait to see them in just a few short weeks!

I know the quality isn't so good, but it is a cell phone picture of my computer screen during our chat. I can't get over how cute she is!


No comments: