Thursday, July 18, 2013

Playing at the Park

One of the many things that I love about working at Casa de Amor is the freedom I have to take the kids out of the house. I take kids on walks around the neighborhood, to the park, to the grocery store, to visit the other houses, and to other random places that I need to go. Yes, it´s a lot of work taking babies and toddlers out (just collecting all the stuff we might possibly need can take awhile!), but it´s fun, too! We all enjoy getting out of the house for a little while, and it really helps with the socialization of the kids.

Wednesday night after dinner, I took two of our toddlers to the park! So far, I´ve found 3 parks within walking distance of our house. The park we went to was the farthest away (which made for a long and slow walk with two toddlers), but I chose it because it also has a large grassy area. They needed some space to burn off some excess energy!

Unfortunately most of the playground equipment was too big for them, but they did enjoy the swings for a few minutes, and they both loved the smaller of the two slides! The rest of our time was spent running around, just enjoying being outside.

She really liked the swings!

 He was more interested in the dogs that kept wandering up.

 The big slide... that was as far up as he made it!

 He´s a pro at climbing up anything and everything!

 I thought I got some pictures of her actually sliding, but this is the only one I have!

He LOVED the slide!

Waiting her turn to go up!

No comments: