Friday, October 18, 2013

Feliz Cumpleaños Jasmin!

Some of the tías have gone above and beyond to care for me here, and Tía Rosi is one of them. She's told me several times that she wanted me to come visit her house and her family, but the timing never really worked out. Until this afternoon, that is! Her daughter, Jasmin, turned 6 years old today, and I was invited to her birthday party!

Tía Rosi (like the majority of the tías) lives in Chulla which is about an hour away in two different trufis. As I had never visited Chulla before, she agreed to meet me in Quillacollo (not too far past the boys' house) and we rode to Chulla together. It's SO different than the city. Lots of land, not as many houses, dirt/gravel roads... like a completely different place! 

Jasmin had quite the celebration! There were two clowns, two cakes, lots of presents, and so many friends! I think she had a great time, and I did as well. Jasmin's party was a lot of fun (it was my first Bolivian birthday party!), and I really enjoyed seeing a different area of Cochabamba and meeting so many of the tías' family and friends!














No comments: