Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

Even though Thanksgiving isn't celebrated in Bolivia, we couldn't let the day go by unnoticed! The Boohers were kind enough to invite all of us gringos over to their house to celebrate. They provided a turkey, stuffing, and pies, and every else brought side dishes and desserts. We had quite the spread! I had to save room for dessert so I wasn't able to try everything, but what I did try was DELICIOUS! 

 We had turkey, chicken, mac n' cheese, stuffing, cranberries, green bean casserole, salad, sweet potato casserole, rolls, and tons of dessert!

 Some of the guests

 My family will be so proud to see this plate of my food all piled on top of each other! (I don't like it when all of my food touches, so we use "compartment plates" on holidays at home!)

 So glad we got to spend Thanksgiving together!

 The kids' table

 My little turkey clearly enjoying her first Thanksgiving!

 Baby A. enjoyed his first Thanksgiving, as well!

 Our wonderful hosts, Rudi and Carla Booher

 S. enjoying a Thanksgiving feast at the table like a big boy!

My birthday is tomorrow, and my roommate, Lindsey, surprised me with a cake! Although I was in the kitchen with her last night as she was making it, it never occurred to me what it might be for!

 Oh yes, they forced me into "biting" the cake! I'm not quite sure who "helped" me with that task!

No comments: