Sunday, May 26, 2013

Church Send-Off

Part of the application process for Casa de Amor asked for a recommendation by my pastor. Casa de Amor is very much a Christian organization, and they want volunteers who will show God's love to the people of Bolivia. Back in February (or maybe it was early March?), I spoke with Bro. David, the pastor at my church, about wanting to go on this trip. He agreed to give me a recommendation, and following the recommendation, my application was approved. 

He has always been supportive of my volunteering and has been especially supportive of this trip. Because today was my last day at church, he asked me to come up to the front at the end of the service so he and Ashley, our Associate Preacher, could pray for me. Some other members of the church came up too. It was a nice send-off!


No comments: